Recycling of (Carbon) Fibre Composites
- Resource efficiency
- Waste recycling
- Circular economy and Value chains
- Industrial waste
Beteiligte: Life CarbonGreen, BlueExprt, EU-Project, Vattenfall
Turbine blades from Dutch Wind farm Irene Vorrink will be the first to enter the recycling process and turned into skis, snowboards and construction materials for solar farms.
Billionpeople PLC is working on its IPO in London and New York in 2022. We have successfully completed our proof of concept and are now building our first production site for the wind blades recycling in the Netherlands with a capacity of 100 tons per year. The plan is to increase our processing capacity year after year on a non-linear scale and we plan to set-up these facilities worldwide to address this market need.
Sustainable recycling of (Carbon) Fibre Composites and biomass waste to valued added CarbonGreen products
During its lifetime, the project is expected to:
- Contribute to greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions of more than 14 000 tons CO2 equiv.;
- Waste reduction of 1 750 tons;
- Demonstrate pollutant removal in indoor air, biogas and water with products that use activated carbon produced/regenerated using the proposed technology.
The project contributes towards the implementation of the Water Framework Directive by offering a cheaper and environmentally more beneficial alternative to produce and regenerate activated carbon used in the treatment of wastewater. It is expected to bring to market financially viable technology that will prevent waste generation, by converting waste into high-value products that are commonly used and have a significant market demand.
- waste water treatment
- indoor air pollution
- greenhouse gas
TARGET EU LEGISLATION
- COM(2015)614 – “Closing the loop – An EU action plan for the Circular Economy” (02.12.2015)
- Directive 2000/60 – Framework for Community action in the field of water policy (23.10.2000)
- Directive 75/442/EEC -“Waste framework directive” (15.07.1975)